Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Canadian Quarter



I am not sure how familiar any of you are with Canadian currency, but coming from America, it was a bit of a culture shock. Every single coin has a picture of Elizabeth II, as in the Queen of England. British Columbia certainly has a lot of English spirit to it.That said, with this week, I complete my first quarter of the mission. I can easily say that I've loved every bit of it! It hasn't all been easy, but it feels like it has just zoomed by. I've really enjoyed being able to serve in Willoughby, especially with Elder Sloan. Transfer calls are tonight, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

Several nights ago, Ray was feeling extremely depressed; he was doubting his testimony and questioning if God truly loved him. I sat there silently pleading with the Lord, as I had no idea how to address this. I felt prompted to go sit next to Ray on the couch and put my arm around him. As soon as I did so, I knew exactly what to say, or at least, I began saying things that I never would have thought of. It was the first time I truly felt like I was teaching by the Spirit. By the end of it all, Ray was extremely happy, wrote down his testimony, and threw out his cigarettes. A big theme of my mission has been learning how much God really loves us, and since that lesson, I'm starting to understand that I'm just here to show people God's love for them. The Gospel of Jesus Christ simply revolves around our Father's love. We sang some hymns, watched some Mormon Messages, and then I made some french toast for everyone. It was a wonderful evening.However, I am not yet satisfied! I still have 18 months to go, and I don't want any less. I've still got a lot to teach and even more to learn.Today was the first day in several months that I wore short-sleeves. It's a strange feeling, especially since I imagined February in Canada being much colder.Our district is going out for some sushi today. As it turns out, I really like sushi. I've been much less selective on the mission, and I'm finding lots of foods that I really enjoy. I'll let you all know next week if I get transferred!


(Picture of Langley Zone Conference)
-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment