Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Welcome to Salmon Arm!‏

I'm going to miss the lovely city of Langley; it was a blessing serving in Willoughby for 6 months. Now, I find myself in Salmon Arm, which is right on the border of Alberta. It's a lovely town, though this time of year it's rather empty. Salmon Arm is more of a summer vacation spot, so there aren't a lot of people here in the winter.

My new companion is Elder Tillmann, from Sandy, Utah. He's been out for 4.5 months now, so he came out one transfer after I did. He's been in Salmon Arm that whole time, so he knows the area extremely well. I've also been called to be the district leader, which places Salmon Arm, Vernon 1st Ward, and Vernon 2nd Ward under my stewardship. It's been interesting, as I'm trying to learn a new area while also trying to be a leader. I look forward to the challenges and the lessons that I'm sure to learn. It takes about an hour and a half to see the rest of the district, so we'll have to figure out how to build district unity from a distance.

At the moment, there isn't a lot to report on, as my work in Salmon Arm has just begun! I hope I can learn new lessons here while applying what I've learned in the lower mainland.
Enjoy the weather!

-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment