Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

December in Canada

As I spend my first December in Canada, I wonder if perhaps there has been some seasonal confusion. The past week has been surprisingly warm. I’ve not been wearing my coat as often as I did in November, and it wasn’t until this morning that we again saw ice. I am grateful that I’ll be able to sit through the winter solstice in Willoughby, but transfer calls are January 3rd, so I’ve yet to know if I’ll be turning 19 here.
It’s been a very enjoyable week of missionary work. This weekend, we were priviliged to see Elder David A. Bednar from the Quorum of the Twelve at the Abbotsford Stake Conference. He did not hold a zone conference with the missionaries, but hearing him speak on Saturday night and Sunday morning was phenomenal; I took many notes.
This week we were also blessed with finding 3 different people that were interested in learning about the church. We also helped settle a bit of a dispute between a woman and two furniture delivery men. We’ve had several people approach us and start yelling at us for talking to people in their neighborhood; looking back on it, each of the experiences actually came from a little miscommunication, and Elder Winkler and I have had a good laugh on the matter.
Sadly, we have not been able to contact Ray, so he will likely not be baptized this coming Saturday, as we don’t even know where he is or if he still wants to. Other than that, however, this week has been filled with miracles and wonderful people!
I will keep you all posted as the month progresses. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!
-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment