Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving?

I’ve already had my Thanksgiving dinners, but I bid all of you Americans a seasonal greeting for your sake. While I appreciated my early Thanksgiving, Novembers in Canada are lacking in holidays, which is a bit weird. Christmas decorations go up after Halloween.
Transfer calls are happening tonight, so next week I’ll let you know what happens to Elder Smith, Elder Sloan, and me.
We’ve seen many miracles this week, which has really been a blessing. Our biggest miracle this week was a man named Ray. Ray had met with the missionaries in Surrey multiple times, but he moved into our area recently, so the Surrey Elders gave his information to us. We were able to meet with him twice last week. Ray loves the church and the Book of Mormon; he’s currently fighting a smoking addiction, but he has a lot of support from his friends and family.
Ray is 33, single, and loves music. He has a really nice set-up: MIDI keyboard, recording microphone, various musical programs, the works. His goal is to become a professional musician, writing and performing songs to bring people closer to Christ. He and I have agreed we’ll write a song one day.
There was a stake fireside with President and Sister Burt last night, and the missionaries perfomed the musical number, “Hark All Ye Nations.” It was a fantastic meeting, and we had several of our friends attend: Ray, Damien (also learning about the church), and Roger, who is an older gentleman who hasn’t been to church in 5 years. It was a remarkable night.
But of course, the highlight of the night was Ray. As we were talking with Ray before the fireside started, the Stake President walked by. We introduced them to each other and Ray said “I haven’t been baptized yet, but I will be soon.” The miracle there is that we haven’t even asked him if he wanted to be baptized. We’ll be meeting with him tomorrow night.
It’s hard to believe that 3 months have already gone by. That’s an eighth of the mission gone. Because of this, I’m officially “trained.” But I still have a long way to go.
I’ll send pictures when I can; we took one today, and if one of us is getting transferred, then we’ll definitely be taking more.
Also, I got my first parking ticket ever. It seems I’m really going off the deep end!
Until next week,
Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment