Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Monday, March 14, 2016

Pi Day

Pulled off the field,
Laid down to rest.
Work is honored,
Obedience is blessed.

This has been a very busy week, lots of ups and downs, but ultimately ending the week higher than when I started. We went on two exchanges this week, and we had an 8 hour zone conference (which, by the way, was phenomenal).

This past Friday, on my parents' 21 anniversary, I was caught sick! I say caught because Thursday night, I received a call from Sister Burt (she had known previously that I was sick), and she asked that I stay home to rest the following day. I'd never received such a call before, and I tried to play off the sickness with some humor, but Sister Burt saw right through it and wasn't going to let me off the hook. So Friday, I had to rest. That was a tough pill to swallow. 

I had to learn humility. As much as I wanted to fight it, to disobey, I had to humbly accept it. While stuck at home, I was determined to study, to learn, to minister to other missionaries, to work the area book, to clean the apartment, to write in the journal. I did not get very far into my to-do list before the Spirit told me that I just needed to sleep. The most productive thing that I could do was rest and obey my mission leaders. Not being able to work on Friday also showed to me how much I really wanted to work; I no longer worry about whether or not I have enough conviction. I just want to go out and get it done.


For the past 7 weeks, I've been riding around in a Chevy Silverado; this week, our Silverado was transferred to a small city named Vanderhoof. We now have a 2016 Nissan Rogue. Needless to say, President Burt has made very clear the time and attention we need to give to the new vehicle.

Until next week!

Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment