Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Monday, August 17, 2015

Hurrah for Israel


Hurrah for Israel! The cry is heard
As two young men leave home and family
They're not afraid; they're off to teach the word,
And for two years, they serve whole-heartedly.
The stone cut without hands will fill the Earth;
The gathering of Israel is nigh.
These two Elders were called before their birth
To teach their fellow man and testify,
They work in cutting cold and summer's sun
Until the Lord shall say: "The work is done."

Life is great here with the Delta Squadron! This is a really cool area to be serving in, and that's not just because we have the only Krispy Kreme in BC!

We've been doing tons of exchanges, and as such, we are seeing tons of miracles with the Elders that we are serving with. "Have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men." (Moroni 7:29)

Also, this week, we will be visited by some of the heads of the missionary department in Salt Lake City, and Elder Kelly and I will have the privilege of spending several hours with one of them as we go about the work in Delta. And this Saturday we have a meeting with Elder Daniel L. Johnson of the Seventy. And in 2 weeks we have a special meeting with the Surrey Stake President. Awesome meetings with awesome people. 

I recommitted to keeping a daily journal; I fell behind on that for a few months. I would recommend anybody keep a journal; if nothing else, you can read it in a few years and see how far you've come. 
Elder Maloy is also teaching me some sign language. I learned the alphabet yesterday, so at least I can spell.

Finally, I doubt my mother would be satisfied if I did not mention that I've now completed my one year milestone. Honestly, it feels like so much has happened, but within so little time. It's a funny thought; I'd been looking forward to serving a mission for most of my life, and now I'm halfway through. That's a little daunting! However, I look forward to what this year has to offer. I've learned a lot, and plan to keep learning. One of the most important things I've learned would be this:

Get off the internet, go outside, and learn something new!

-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment