Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Father's Day isn't over yet!‏



Elder Yue and I were greeted on Father's Day morning with an unexpected phone call, because it turned out that the Assistants to the President were making transfer calls a little early. We were told that Elder Yue would be transferred to the Kamloops 1st ward; that is still within the Vernon Zone, so I'll be able to see him again at Zone Conferences. I was then told that I would be staying for another transfer here in beautiful Salmon Arm.


I was then informed that I'm going to be a dad! Well, that is to say, I will be training a brand new Elder, fresh out of the MTC. Missionaries like to refer to trainers as dads, much like my "dads" were Elder Smith and Elder Sloan; it was very fitting that I received this call on Father's Day. I will not know who my son is until we meet at our Thursday training meeting, so I have a few days of anxiousness ahead of me.


My feelings toward the call are much like I imagine the way that many new parents feel. It's a nifty blend of fear and excitement, and I often question if I am ready to bring a person into this life. It doesn't seem that long ago when I was taking my first steps of missionary work. However, no matter how I feel, that baby is coming in just a few days, so I better make what preparations I can.


My mother has made me aware that I've recently passed my 10 month mark; it seems a little preposterous that I'm almost halfway done.


It's been a pretty fun week. We roasted hot dogs with an investigator at a cabin up in Blind Bay, which is a little tourist town right on the lake. We also had a wacky 4-way companion exchange between Salmon Arm, Kamloops 1st, Vernon 1st, and Vernon 2nd. It was a lot of fun to spend some time with the other Elders throughout the zone.



And now we must depart, because we have an investigator taking us out for Chinese food tonight!






-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment