Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

O Canada

July 1st marks the celebration of Canada Day, which is very similar to Independence Day on July 4th. Unfortunately, Canada Day doesn't have a movie about aliens and Will Smith, so Canada really needs to step it up. 

On Wednesday morning, I gave Elder Yue to the Kamloops Elders, then I drove down to Kelowna, took a plane into Vancouver, then spent the rest of the day in Vancouver. It was pretty crazy talking to people in the middle of such a big city, but we had a lot of good conversations. Fortunately, there are so many people (especially weird people) in Vancouver that we really didn't feel out-of-place.

The next morning, I attend a new missionary meeting with President Burt, which lasted several hours. I learned that my new companion is Elder Blasko, from Maryland. He's 6' 4" and wears size 16 shoes. He's also great at the piano and great at talking to people (far better than me, and I'm supposed to be the trainer); I look forward to learning a lot from him.

One of our investigators asked if we could dedicate his home, and when we did, there was a VERY noticeable difference in the way that the room felt; we all got chills. We then set a baptismal date with him for July 19.

I've been feeling pretty under the weather today, so please excuse the shortness of my comments. My entire frame feels very drained, and there is still much to do this evening.

Love you all!
Elder Reynolds 

No comments:

Post a Comment