Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Like Father, Like Sun

As many of you are likely aware, this upcoming Sunday is Father's Day. However, you might be less aware that this upcoming Sunday is also the Summer Solstice, which is considered by some to be the "longest day of the year." Obviously, this is not due to an extended amount of hours in the day; it is because the sun will be in the sky for a longer amount of time than at any other point in the year. Now, being this far north, that doesn't mean very much to us. When we awake at 6:20am, the sun is shining, and when we return home at 9pm, it's still bright as day. On a missionary schedule, we don't see very much night.


Nonetheless, I find it extremely appropriate that we commemorate Father's Day by spending time with our Sun. I love my dad, and I am grateful for the many lessons which he has taught me. For Mother's Day, I had the privilege of looking into the eyes of my family, particularly my mom. I do not have such an honor for Father's Day, but I pray that I too can be a shining son.


Yesterday, Danny was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and we'll be bringing him with us to a lesson on Tuesday night. We also received a mormon.org referral for a man named Duane (like "Dwayne"). He requested that we come by and give him a copy of the Bible; Duane feels like he needs to start building a relationship with his Father in Heaven, and we'll be meeting with him later this week to help him on his journey.


Also, I'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to my sister Megan for June 19! I know that if I forgot to mention her, she'd punish me later!


http://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/earthly-father-heavenly-father



-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment