Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

9

Several years ago, an animated film titled "9" was released in theaters. The trailers for the movie often featured music by the band Coheed & Cambria. However, upon viewing the film, many people were disappointed to discover that the movie did not have any music by Coheed & Cambria.

In a way, this event in cinema history is a reflection of my mission. This week, I'll have been on my mission for 9 months, and in all that time I have yet to hear a song by Coheed & Cambria. Fortunately for me, I'm not actually a fan of their music!

This week has been wonderful! We are currently teaching more people than ever, we have a baptism coming up in June for a man named Danny, and tomorrow I'll be giving my first baptismal interview to a really cool guy named Max in Vernon!

In celebration of Elder Yue's birthday, some recent converts in the Burnaby Chinese ward made the 5 hour drive to Salmon Arm to spend the weekend with us! We had Thai food on Saturday, they came to church with us on Sunday, and today we went to Sunnybrae and went hiking around the beautiful Margaret Falls. I took a lot of pictures, but I forgot my camera today. Expect pictures next week!

Yesterday, Elder Yue and I taught the Relief Society lesson at church. The lesson was entitled "The Power of the Word," and it focused on the importance of daily scripture study. Paul tells us that in our war with Satan, our greatest weapon is the "Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God." (Ephesians 6:17). We are not defenseless and we are certainly not helpless against the great opposition which may come our way. We've been given our offensive weapons, and all we have to do to use it is read a little bit each day. It's that simple! Alma taught his son Helaman about the importance and simplicity of daily scripture study, and he concludes by saying, "do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way." (Alma 37:46)

Have a wonderful week!
-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment