Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Miraculous March Madness‏

As appears to be the custom on weeks such as this, I bid you all the greetings of a new month! There's not a lot of news as far as basketball goes, but I plan on making this a month of March Miracle Madness.

Being a district leader now has its own set of rewards and challenges. For example, when our Wednesday district meeting began, it was extremely rewarding and uplifting to listen to the testimonies and trainings given by the Elders, but right after district meeting, I have to begin making plans for the next one.
Salmon Arm has been fun. We have to do a lot more driving than I'm used to, which I'm not a fan of, but the area is so big. There are also a good number of people we are working with who are interested in the church, but sickness and schedule conflicts have made it difficult to meet with these people. And just when it was starting to warm up, it snowed today! Fortunately, the snow did not stick.
I found a nice sewing kit in the apartment this week, so I've been working and learning what I can from that. I've been able to mend a few pockets, and today I took an old bed sheet and turned it into a bath robe. It was my first attempt at making something like that, so it isn't perfect and it's a tad too small, but it's amazing what can be done with scissors and thread.

At our last district meeting, it was mentioned that we "have legions of angels on our side, and they will go forth and prepare the hearts of the people to meet us if we are faithful, diligent, and specific in our plans." This promise is echoed by Alma 13:24- "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive His word at the time of His coming in His glory." I was considering these words one night as Elder Tillmann and I were listening to music on our drive to Sorrento (about 20 minutes away). As I was thus pondering, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir began to sing "How Firm a Foundation," and the final verse struck me with great power:

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!

As the final note rang, I felt the Spirit bear earth-shattering witness to me that there truly was an unseen army around us. As tears filled my eyes, I thought I saw, just for a split-second, great numbers of heavenly beings preparing for us to proselyte in Sorrento. But just as quick as it began, my brief glimpse into the heavens had ended; the moment was so short, that I often question if I actually saw anything, but I cannot deny how thin the Veil was that evening. Thank goodness it was night, because Elder Tillmann never saw my tears.

Have a wonderful week! Take some time this week to "remember how merciful the Lord hath been" in your life.

Your Canadian Friend,
Elder Reynolds



No comments:

Post a Comment