Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Monday, August 15, 2016

And Now, After the Many Testimonies Which Have Been Given of Him...



First, the Statistical Report:


Total Companions: 16
Total Areas: 6
Total Zones: 5
Total Baptisms: 8
Total Lessons Taught: 584
Total New Investigators: 165
Total Estimated Street Conversations: 14,358
Hottest Temperature: 38 Celsius
Coldest Temperature: -20 Celsius
Starting Weight: 170 lbs.
Maximum Weight: 179 lbs.
Finishing Weight: 165 lbs.
Vehicles Owned and Operated: 10
Of those, Vehicles Nicer than Anything Else I'll Ever Own: 10
Pairs of Socks Ruined: 7
Poems Written: 27


Throughout this last transfer, I have sought to reflect upon and apply the endurance of Christ in His final week of His life. Having discussed my goals and plans with President Burt in my final interview on Saturday, I have found these last few days harder than ever before to keep focused and motivated. However, I now reflect upon Christ's agony on the cross. He had no time left for parables or sermons; prophecies had been fulfilled, the sacrament was instituted, Gethsemane was conquered. As the Son of God, He had complete control over His death. Why did He hang on the cross for three cruel hours?


He gave his all and suffered to the very end. He fulfilled every jot and tittle of His purpose. Today is P-Day, so I only have 3 hours of proselyting remaining. I will complete the work I am given.


I suppose there are many that will count these two years as a small matter. My mission will not be recorded in a text book or spoken of in any international broadcasts. My work may not be looked upon as anything special. But it is mine, and it means more to me than all the education and riches of the world. I know that my work has been accepted and is written in the books of heaven. I'm afraid that no tongue may speak nor keyboard type all that I have experienced and learned. I pray that in a coming day, my work may again be viewed by celestial eyes; until that day, I pray that how I live when I'm released may reflect upon how I served.


"And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!" (Doctrine and Covenants 76:22)


-Elder Shane D. Reynolds








No comments:

Post a Comment