Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Father's Day

"O my Father, thou that dwellest
In the high and glorious place,
When shall I regain thy presence
And again behold thy face?

In thy holy habitation,
Did my spirit once reside?
In my first primeval childhood
Was I nurtured near thy side?

For a wise and glorious purpose
Thou hast placed me here on earth
And withheld the recollection
Of my former friends and birth;

Yet oftimes a secret something
Whispered, 'You're a stranger here,'
And I felt that I had wandered
From a more exalted sphere."

-Eliza R. Snow


So, again, not an original piece. It's actually a really good hymn that I felt applicable for the upcoming Father's Day. I know I keep saying I'll send something original, but it's just been really difficult to find time to write. If I ever find time to write, it usually means there is something more productive that I could be doing!


Our apartment went through some renovations this week, so we had to use an old Elders' apartment; it hasn't been used in a while, but we still had the keys, so we used it as our back-up. Needless to say, I got to chase my first mouse!


Gotta go!


-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment