Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Fourth will be with you. Always.



Happy Star Wars Day, my fellow humans! Or, as some would say, "May the 4th be with you!"

Now, having lived near Las Vegas, Nashville, and Dallas-Fort Worth, I've always considered myself to be a city-slicker. However, this past week, we've stacked wood, clipped and burned trees, roasted hot dogs over a fire, raked gravel, mowed several yards, and helped repair a fence for a horse pen. Needless to say, I think I'm beginning to see the charm of small towns and rural labor.

Spring is a beautiful time of year on the Shuswap Lake. The sunsets are gorgeous, and the green plants and active wildlife can make Salmon Arm a very serene place to be at times.

I've recently decided to attempt to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish. It has proven to be quite an undertaking, but has been extremely rewarding. I cannot really speak the language, but I remember enough from Spanish class that I can read it fairly well. As I progress and practice, I've had to refer back to the English version less and less. It's an interesting experience though, because it really makes me focus on the wording and meaning of every sentence. This morning, I was reading 1 Nephi 10, and Lehi's prophecies of the Savior hit me in a way that they never had before, probably because I just skim through it in English normally. When you study the scriptures, you really have to focus on every word, and not simply peruse. 

Does anybody happen to know any good "Knock-Knock" jokes? I've been trying to explain them to Elder Yue, but I can't think of any good ones to use as examples.

Remember, we must always be armed with "the [lightsaber] of the Spirit"

Enjoy "Revenge of the Fifth" tomorrow, or Cinco de Mayo, depending on what you celebrate.

-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment