Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring is in the Air!‏

Good day my friends! Spring has finally arrived, and its presence is very welcome here in Salmon Arm. I can finally put away the heavy coats. Now that the snow is all melted, the beauty of the region really begins to blossom. Also, I found out that Mount Ida, the tallest and most renowned mountain in the area, is a dormant volcano!

It's been an excellent week! We had a Zone Conference with President Burt on Friday, and I was able to reunite with some of the people I knew when I was in Willoughby, including my trainer, Elder Smith! It was great to see him again, because he goes home in May.

This week, we also had the opportunity to blitz the area with our zone leaders (meaning we had 2 companionships in one area for several hours), and over the weekend we were able to work with Elder and Sister Mortensen, some of our new senior missionaries. 

Sorry that I haven't been writing as much as some previous weeks; I just haven't been sure what to write! I've been learning a lot, and scripture study has become really entertaining, which may sound odd to some. In the Book of Mormon, I just read about the story of Ammon and how he defended King Lamoni's flocks; he is a great missionary example. In my Old Testament study, I just completed the book of Joshua. I love Joshua 1:9.

"Have not commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

It would seem that we are commanded to be of good courage and strong! It's weird to think of that as a commandment, but it also comes with its own blessings!

This week, we are getting our apartment inspected, so we must make sure it is spotless today! Have a wonderful week!

-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment