Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Monday, July 18, 2016

Home of the Brave, eh?



God keep our land
Glorious and free,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee!


I am ashamed to say it, but I do not remember much else of the Canadian national anthem, "O Canada." On July 1st, we had the opportunity to attend a church BBQ in commemoration of Canada Day, and I was more than happy to help with the grilling. The turnout was great, and the weather was perfect.


The patriotic culture is different in Canada; the people here love their country, but it doesn't appear to be as die-hard as we are raised in America. I do not think there is a pledge of allegiance, and there aren't any patriotic songs that top the music charts. But here I am blasting the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's "Spirit of America" album out the window! I've often considered myself an American patriot, but serving in Canada has really brought out my American side.


https://mormontabernaclechoir.org/videos/god-bless-the-usa-dallyn-vail-bayles.html



That said, however, I've also never felt so patriotic to the cause of my God, who inspired these great nations! Missionary work is not easy, nor was it ever intended to be. But it is extremely fulfilling; I've never had so much fun working.


*****~~~~~~~~~
*****~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~


-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment