Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

"Romance with a Clock"

"Romance with a Clock"

Your beautiful face fills me with sorrow
As a constant reminder of a certain tomorrow.
You've no piece for passion, no capacity for care,
But your captivating face catches my stare.
Oh, that I had the key to your gears
To fully understand our time these 2 years.
Some say you heal wounds, others you harm,
Yet I'd love nothing more than you on my arm.
I wish that I could take your hand
To hold you still and make time stand.
Despite my plea, you've never lost a second,
Nor did you hasten whenever I beckoned.
And so my dear clock, my diligent friend,
Please don't remind me when all this will end.


I promised an original poem this week, and I was able to find time as we drove 9 hours to Richmond and 9 hours back! I feel that this piece pretty accurately describes my thoughts this week. Haha just make time stop!

It has been a very inspiring week. The 3 of us were asked to speak in sacrament fairly last second, but we were each able to put our talks together in about an hour. The topics primarily focused on the unity between missionary, family history, and temple work. It is all the same great and redemptive work!

Time is a little short today, as it sadly always seems to be. Suffice it to say that we will be preparing for our zone meeting this Friday, and on Saturday night we will receive a life-changing phone call... That's right, transfer calls! We'll see if we've got another month or so here in beautiful Prince George!

-Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment