Elder Reynolds Nametag

Elder Reynolds Nametag

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Capitol of the North‏


Capitol of the No

(The Desert, part 3)

Now curious, I battle exhaustion and lift the burden back up,
And inside it I notice a morsel of bread and a small water cup.
At last, there's relief for my insatiable hunger and unquenchable thirst,
When suddenly another voice penetrates dry air, different from the first.
It came not from the sky, nor was it my cry earlier today,
But it came from another solitary stranger who'd collapsed along his way.
Still frenzied with hunger, I thank the heavens for providing meat with my meal.
I am answered with a sharp rebuke, and hear from the sky, "You've a soul to heal."
(Part 4 next week!)

I apologize that progress has been slow on this poem. It's turning out to be a lot longer than I thought it would be, and the travelling this week made it difficult to find time to write any further.
Well, it has been nearly a week since I've been in Prince George. It's not too big of a city, though I don't suppose I've seen very much of it thus far. I can honestly say that I've never seen so much snow in my life. The locals find that statement to be pretty funny, because they say it's been abnormally warm for this time of year. Now, "abnormally warm" is a pretty relative term, because we've been sitting below freezing for quite some time now.

I'm up here with Elder Driscoll, who hails from a small town in the panhandle of Florida. So I guess somebody thought it would be funny idea to send up the southerners to the North. The South will rise again! To break in our southern reign, we decided to try a restaurant here named "Woody's Real Southern BBQ."

I also received a warm welcome from a wonderful, recently converted family. This family is from the Philippines, and they decided to treat us to a bit of a Filipino delicacy called balot. It's basically a boiled egg with a partially developed duck inside. It was actually pretty good. I'd recommend it.
We've also gotten into the habit of waving to every car and person that drives by, which is very helpful in smaller areas because people will remember you. Last night, we waved at a woman, and she stopped her truck to talk to us. After some discussion, she agreed to meet with missionaries! She lives in a small town named Vanderhoof, so we've passed on her information; miracles abound with simple waves!

-Elder Reynolds

Birthday Bowling


Balot


The Snow


Prince George Man!


No comments:

Post a Comment